This Boat Trip Colombia Panama takes you from the quaint seaside town of Sapzurro Colombia through La Miel, the San Blas Islands and Carti. See our section below for your way from Cartagena or Medellin to Capurgana. Make sure you have confirmed your trip with us before taking any flight. We highly recommend that you spend the night before to Sapzurro or Capurgana so you won’t miss our boat departure. When you arrive to Sapzurro, ask for restauraut Triny, everyone knows this restaurant.
WHY CHOOSE US?
First with “San Blas Trip” there is no hidden fees, it is all inclusive. The difference between us and San Blas Adven… for the same price you have one more night, so more islands to visit. More to know… we support the costs of transport and our food is 100% Guna… fish, lobster, octopus, chicken and shrimp with rice and vegetables (NO SANDWICHES). Summarize it is $ 30 that we will not add to the basic service as do other agencies for transportation from the port to your hostal in Panama City.
IMPORTANT : Before leaving Necocli or Turbo, it is important to plan to take enough money to go up to the town of Panama City. Because between these two points, there is no cash machine (ATM)! Bring 2 copies of your passport for pass the border post at Puerto Ovaldia Panama.
Boat Trip Colombia Panama
– Pick up at the restaurant Triny between 8h and 8h30am. (Make sure that your passport has been stamped at the Colombian border in Capurgana)
– One stop is expected in the morning if you want buy cheap liquor on the “duty free zone”…but they don’t have water gallon
– Shared transportation from Carti Panama to Panama City(2.5 hours)
– Visit of 8 gorgeous San Blas islands along the way to carti Panama
– Sleep 3 nights in bed dorm and 1 in hammock
– 12 meals 100% Guna (fish, lobster, octopus, chicken) (NO SANDWICHES)
– 4breakfast, 4lunches, 4dinner, usually fish of the day with rice and vegetables
– Guide from Guna Yala (english, spanish, Guna) (NO FOREIGNER GUIDE… for better experience)
– Guna Yala entrance fee and immigration in of Panama
– Hammock, Snorkeling gear, Volleyball & Soccer balls, frisbee
– Meet the Guna Yala people
Boat Trip Colombia Panama
– Drinks like beer, water, rum, soda, one stop is expected in the morning if you want buy cheap liquor on the “duty free zone”…but they don’t have water gallon ,but is available at extra cost on the island.
PROGRAM 4 DAYS
DAY 1: Welcome to Panama
The departure is at 8:30 am from Sapzurro. We do the stamped of your passport at the Panamanian border in Puerto Ovaldia, which usually takes an hour. After we can move towards Dagargandup. Once there, you will be surprised to get on the top of a hill a dozen meters. From there, a beautiful view you will achieve beautiful memories shots. The effort to climb deserve a rest on the beach and a meal of shrimp, octopus and snail on the island of Caledonia, a Kuna village where the children will give you much attention. This is the first night in the territory of Kuna Yala.
DAY 2: First Steps to Heaven
Wake up at 8am for breakfast and departure by boat to reach the Ilesdup island for a morning swim and will then head to Tupile island for lunch. However we will head for the whole afternoon to the first island, probably because you will be amazed by the beautiful reef of this island … very good place for diving … after swimming effort you deserve a good “lobster” meal on the Tupile island, a pretty town Kuna, we will take dinner and spend the night in a Kuna hotel. This is where we will take dinner and spend the night.
DAY 3: Pirates of the Caribbean on a deserted island
Upon awakening, breakfast will be served. Then as the pirates of the Caribbean, we will take the boat to a small deserted island which is called Pelicano island, we eat lunch there and appreciate a few glasses of rum (if you have not already sold all your stock purchased before departure ). We will use this beautiful beach until 16h. Then we go to the Big Island of Rio Azucar or Orodup to take dinner and sleep there under a starry sky
DAY 4: Isla isla Franklin and Pero
Once swallowed the breakfast, we take the sea to reach the island Franklin, a small nice and lively island, where we will have lunch and take advantage of its beautiful beach until 1 pm After we head the Pero island and Natural pool. We will use these beaches until 16h. Then we return to Franklin island to take dinner and sleep there. This is the last night on the territory of Kuna Yala.
DAY 5: Panama City
Wake up at 8am for breakfast and departure by boat to the port of carti to pass the formalities of the territory of Kuna Yala. Once at the port there is a car (4 × 4) wait for you to bring you back to civilization.
And… that concludes our journey of San Blas Trip Islands to reach Panama City.
HOW TO GET TO CAPURGANA?
It is quite easy and safe to get into Capurgana.
1. Take a bus from Cartagena to Monteria. It is about 50,000 pesos ($20) and takes 6 hours.
2. Take a bus from Monteria to Turbo or Necocli. It is about 40,000 pesos ($15) and takes 3 hours.
3. Take a boat from Turbo or Necocli to Capurgana. It is about 80,000 pesos ($30) and takes 2.5 hours. Boat leaves at 8h30am.
4. Take a boat from Capurgana to Sapzurro. It is about 12,000 pesos ($4) and takes 20 min.
From Medellin (2 options):
1. Take a bus from Medellin to Turbo a day before. It is about 60,000 pesos ($25) and takes 7 hours.
2. Take a boat from Turbo to Capurgana. It is about 80,000 pesos ($30) and takes 2.5 hours. Boat leaves at 8:30am.
3. Take a boat from Capurgana to Sapzurro. It is about 12,000 pesos ($4) and takes 20 min.
1. Take an ADA flight to Capurgana ( about 300.000 pesos or $100 and 50 mins flight). Visit www.ada-aero.com easyfly
2. Take a boat from Capurgana to Sapzurro. It is about 12,000 pesos ($4) and takes 20 min.
Please remember that any of our tours might be delayed or canceled according to weather, minimum number of people required or safety conditions. In such cases, we’ll be happy to offer you a total refund.